僚人家园

标题: A neighbor to the South of China [打印本页]

作者: 越是故乡名    时间: 2005-9-6 13:42
标题: A neighbor to the South of China
I am very fond of the country of Vietnam. I like the landscapes, and the foods and while the people dislike or sometimes hate the Chinese, they are friendly enough.But, if we forget politics and get right to the people, they are very much like Chinese in culture. In Vietnam, the people say they fought against China for 1,000 years and many of their famous heroes were generals that won battles against the Chinese armies or navy ships. Vietnam has had many invaders, the Thais, Khymers, the Chams, the Chinese, the Laotians, the Portuguese, the French and Americans. All came because of the wealth of the land, for many it was for the rich agricultural harvests of rice and Vietnam was 'the rice bowl of Southeast Asia' The French built huge rubber plantations but Americans looked to possible rich oil or gas fields just off the coast of VietNam. In Vietnam, many people call their land "The Smaller Dragon" with China being the Larger Dragon. About 350 years ago, the Portuguese brought the latin alphabet to Vietnam and slowly the Chinese characters disappeared but even today, many of the scholars in Vietnam can read some Chinese. Vietnamese is the common language but many people speak French and English, and a part of Ho Chi Minh City called Cholon, many people speak Chinese (Guang Dong dialect). The foods are similar to Guang Dong foods but they are often hotter and a favorite sauce is 'ngouc mam' which is made from fish.
Today, we are forgetting politics and just looking at the countryside...as usual when I travel, it rains, so some of the photos are a little dark or rainy.
Why do we travel? We travel to feel the excitement of strange things, to smell new scents, aromas or odors. We like to try new foods but (sadly) we don't know which ones to try and to see wonderous things of a different land...temples...houses...tombs...riches! Just a moment in a temple is worth hours on TV; and to watch people getting on with their everyday lives makes us realize that man, every man, everwhere...just wants to be happy, have enough food, be comfortable and watch his sons and daughters to grow up to be better people. It doesn't matter your skin color, you want no less. I am certain that your father who had a cup of rice a day wants you to have a cup and a half, and you will want two cups for your child. The world is becoming smaller everyday.
作者: 越是故乡名    时间: 2005-9-6 13:44
what's wrong?can not uplord the pics

[此贴子已经被作者于2005-9-6 13:46:10编辑过]

作者: 越是故乡名    时间: 2005-9-6 13:47

作者: 越是故乡名    时间: 2005-9-6 13:49

作者: 越是故乡名    时间: 2005-9-6 13:51

作者: 越是故乡名    时间: 2005-9-6 13:52

作者: 越是故乡名    时间: 2005-9-6 13:54

作者: 农侬    时间: 2005-9-6 16:24

好美哦!!!!

作者: 黄连山    时间: 2005-9-14 16:34
怀念在越南的日子。